Earphones or in-ear headphones are excellent and most convenient ways to listen to music and calls, but sometimes they don’t fit well.
In this article, we will show how to use in-ear headphones so that they stay in your ears.
Also, choosing the right earphones is very important, so I’ll also share the things you should consider before buying new earphones.
But first, let’s find out why “fit” is important.
Why Is In-Ear Headphones’ Fit Important?
Here are some issues you might experience if in-ear headphones do not fit well.
- You’ll experience a drop in sound quality.
- You will notice a lack of bass.
- The headphones will leak more sound.
- You will need to keep adjusting the headphones.
You can overcome all these problems by using in-ear headphones the correct way.
The Best Way To Use Earphones or In-Ear Headphones
1. Check the L & R Side
Nowadays, almost all earphones come with an L and R indicator. L refers to the earbud for the left ear and R the earbud for the right. This indicator is often on the back or side of the earbud.
Some in-ear headphones have a cable to be worn around/over the ear, and some headphones have a cable that hangs down from the ears.
2. Choose The Ear Tip of Right Size and Material
To get a good fit for the earphones, the first thing you need to do is find the right ear tip size that fits you well with a comfortable fit. Sometimes earphones include three different sizes of ear tips: small, medium, and large.
Some expensive and quality earphones also include flange ear tips. So give a try to each ear tips and find out which fits well. Also, listen to something in the headphones and check how they sound. Whichever size of ear tips you choose, make sure it gives a proper seal to keep out external noise.
3. Right Way to Put Earbuds Into Ears
You must insert the earbuds properly and firmly into the ear canal so your ears are not hurt and the sound quality is the best.
Many users suggest first inserting the left bud into the left ear and then the right one into the right ear, but I suggest that no matter which side you choose first to make sure you insert the earbuds properly, so they fit well and have a good seal.
If you cannot get a good seal, the earphones will not fit well and you will not be able to experience the best sound quality.
More steps to find the perfect in-ear fit.
You tried everything and you still can’t find the perfect fit. So what now? Custom-fit memory foam tips can do the trick. The custom fit foam tips replace your stock ear tips and are made of heat-activated material that gets more malleable once if contact with your body temperature. This allows the ear tips to dynamically adjust to your ear canal in the most comfortable way, and at the same time enhance sound isolation.
Here are our favorite custom-fit memory foam tips.
- ULTRA COMFY: Eliminate ear pain and discomfort caused by silicone ear tips; Foam tips are made for...
- STAYS IN PLACE: Memory foam ear tips provide a better grip than silicone so you can move about with...
- BIG VIBRANT SOUNDS: Block unwanted noise for an exceptional audio experience; Elevate your sound at...
- COMPATIBILITY: Our Memory foam tips are compatible with KZ ZS10, ZSN, AS10, ZAX, ZSX, Moondrop...
- TIP EXPERIENCE: The majority of customers replace tips once every 3 months, however your body...
- THE ULTIMATE EARPHONE UPGRADE: Sport Pro tips let you experience a stay-in-ear grip designed to hold...
- COMPATIBILITY: Designed exclusively for the Jaybird X3, X2, BlueBuds X, and Freedom F5 earphones
- ENHANCED COMFORT: Super-soft memory foam reduces earphone irritation and fatigue while reducing...
- ADVANCED SOUND & FIT: Body-heat activated memory foam adapts to ear canal to provide a perfect seal...
- PREMIUM MATERIALS FOR A PREMIUM SOUND: The Original Memory Foam Earphone Tip; Made in the USA of...
- THE ULTIMATE EARPHONE UPGRADE - Comfort Plus replacement eartips are designed to provide maximum...
- COMPATIBILITY - This tip is designed to fit specific earphone models Please refer to the...
- ENHANCED COMFORT - Super-soft memory foam reduces earphone irritation and fatigue while reducing...
- ADVANCED SOUND & FIT - body-heat activated memory foam adapts to ear canal to provide a perfect seal...
- PREMIUM MATERIALS FOR A PREMIUM SOUND - The original memory foam earphone tip Made in the USA (of U...
How do you wear in-ear headphones?
Put one earbud into one ear and then second to another ear but make sure you wear the L earbud into the left and R into the right ear. Insert each earbud into the ear firmly until you get a good seal and a great fit.
If the ear tip does not sit well in your ear, then change its ear tip with others (most in-ear headphones include three ear tips: small, medium, and large. This is the best way to wear in-ear headphones.
How do I keep my earbuds from falling out?
Change the ear tips and choose one that fits well into your ear. If the earbuds still fall from your ears, then you can try the custom-fit memory foam tips mentioned above. Custom-fit memory foam tips allow for a custom fit in your ears.
Why won’t earbuds stay in my ears?
The earbuds won’t stay in your ears because the size of ear tips does not fit your ear shape. It could be too big or too small. Try different size ear tips or use custom-fit memory foam tips.
Is it bad to use headphones in one ear?
Using headphones in one ear could hurt your ears or cause ear or head fatigue at too loud of a volume.
To get the best fit, identify the right and left earbuds, and firmly put them into each ear. Then check whether you have a good fit. If not, change the ear tips and put them back. Keep trying this until you have a good fit.
No matter what type of earphones you choose, a little effort may be required to get the best fit.
Last update on 2023-02-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API